Translate

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Trinidad Coconut Bake


A Trini breakfast favourite is coconut bake with saltfish buljol.  My mother made this regularly when I was growing up (delicious). But nothing could compare to a piece of warm coconut bake cut into two and covered with only butter. Try it and you will see what I mean. 

It’s a basic bread recipe really but with the added goodness of grated coconut and coconut milk. Once again though, many Trinis today opt to purchase this bake in bakeries across the country to save time.  Homemade is always better and the kids will love it and you will save money.  I know my kids love it!

True Trinis use the milk extracted from the dry coconut rather than buying canned coconut milk so try not to substitute on this one.

Take a look at this video where Natasha shows you how to make Trini style coconut bake. The recipe is really good.  Enjoy!


Now, what do you think I will share in my next post?

3 comments:

  1. Oh where will I ever find dried coconuts? Lol looks like Im going to a market..

    ReplyDelete