Translate

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Invest in a Herb Garden

Starting your own herb garden is a great idea for this upcoming Corpus Christi as you will reap the benefits all year round.  There’s no better time to start as food prices are steadily increasing so this will save you some money in the long run.
 
If you have limited space like me the flower pots will do otherwise take a small part of your backyard and turn it into your herb garden. Simple select the herbs you like and use most and get started.  
Here are a few tips recommended by The Skinny Gourmet to new herb gardeners: 

1.   Grow from seedlings rather than planting your own seeds.
2.   Start by trying to grow fresh basil; the perfect trainer herb.
3.   Water herbs a moderate amount every day.
    4.   Do not use tired soil with no nutrients.
5.   A diluted solution of Miracle grow occasionally can help many herbs flourish.

Check out searchintt for a listing of plant nurseries if you can’t find one near you and get ready to plant that herd garden on Corpus Christi Day.  One of my pots will definitely be Chadon Beni!
.

7 comments:

  1. I wish I had the space to do this...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lex. I know right. My space is limited too so I have only a few pots. You can also consider using a medium size pot and plant your favourite herbs together in the one pot.

      Delete
  2. Time to put that backyard to good use

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to do this but I never remember to water them ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time to start back growing my herb garden ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree. There's nothing better than going outside, picking fresh herbs and putting it in the pot. Food taste so much better. I struggle with keeping parsley and cilantro alive but I love growing easy basil.

    ReplyDelete